Thursday 6 May 2010

Stage 1. Documentation

The Community Bonding Period of Google Summer of Code, lasting from 27. IV. to 24. V., is a busy time for me, even though no programming is scheduled. My project relies much on feedback from community of C++ developers and needs a lot of design and documentation beforehand, so my first big task was to prepare the Wiki pages.

I have finished describing my initial suggestions for improvement today. It can be read here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/C_editor_enhancements#Ideas_for_improvement

I hope for some vibrant feedback from the community on those.

Some days ago I've prepared a list of 90+ bugs from the Eclipse Bugzilla, many of which are possibly related to my project. My next big task (besides initiating and moderating discussions on my ideas - I sincerely hope that they will emerge) is to browse them, assess their relevance and find those which either:
  • request features which I have already covered in my list,
  • propose new features which will also match the topic of my project.
I believe the bug list will prove to be useful both as the source of inspiration and as a helping hand to measure the actual "demand" of the community for the ideas I've already proposed.

All of this, along with the links to appropriate bugs, is going to be added to the wiki pages soon.


For some more time, the MediaWiki editor is still going to be my IDE of choice :).

No comments:

Post a Comment