Monday 10 May 2010

Stage 2. Buglist

I have finished browsing the Eclipse Bugzilla in search for any open bugs relevant to my Google Summer of Code project.
From 1000+ search results for open bugs connected to relevant CDT components, I have initially bookmarked over 90 to read in detail. Further reading through them (and checking against current Helios milestone) revealed:
  • Several bugs requesting the same functionality which I have previously documented,
  • Some more interesting proposals related to my project, including major enhancements and minor hacks, sometimes cloning JDT features,
  • A handful of enhancements less relevant to ergonomy of coding, but still interesting and worth having a look on in my opinion.
And also:
  • Some requests from years ago, already implemented in the meantime,
  • Some duplicates never noticed,
  • Lots of open bugs with no feedback.
About the first list, I added relevant bugs as references to my improvement proposals on the wiki. It is a small practical indicator of how a given fix is really desired by the community. A few bugs more got their own discussion+description pages on this list. Feel free to have a look and drop some comments there!

About the second list mentioned above, I'll write a quick rant soon; I have some thoughts to share here.

No comments:

Post a Comment